St. Mark’s Lutheran School, founded in 1984, is a private school where students grades 1st through 8th are taught a Christian based curriculum. The school is funded by St. Mark’s Lutheran Church through contributions from its members.
- To help each child grow in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior from sin.
- To train our children in their thinking, attitudes, and actions, so that by application of the Word they may willingly, out of love for their Savior, live their lives in conformity to the Word of God.
- To teach God’s Word in its truth and purity, diligently, and systematically,
- To provide a complete elementary education of high quality.
- To teach all subject matter from a Scriptural viewpoint.
- To enable pupils to live in daily Christian fellowship.
- To teach Christian citizenship, grounded in obedience to God’s Work.
- To strengthen the Christian home and congregation and the Church at large.
Statement of Purpose:
- The purpose of St Mark Lutheran Elementary School is to teach students the fear of the Lord.
- “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.” (Proverbs 9:10)
- “Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere Him.” (Psalm 33:8)
- “Assemble the people before Me to hear My words so that they may learn to fear Me.” (Deuteronomy 4:10)
(We define “fear” as awe, respect, and reverence)