Angels – One of God’s Mysteries
Question: Do you think much about angels? Probably not, because you don’t see them! They are invisible, but they are God’s messengers and do good things for you in life. God doesn’t tell us much about them, but there are passages in the Bible that reveal some facts, e.g. they were created by God and sent to take care of us. What else does God say?
Should we believe since we can’t see them?
• Just because something is invisible, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist
• They are created beings; They are God’s staff and messengers
• You may have hugged a few angels without knowing it
• The Lord who loves you has plenty of good angels who are working on his behalf
• Angels are emotionally invested in how you’re doing because they’re working for you
Will you become an angel when you die?
• Jesus says we are “like angels”; that doesn’t mean we are angels
• Our loved ones in heaven aren’t angels; they are alive together with the angels
Do angels protect you?
• God promises the protection of his angels to you personally
• Those who dwell in Christ have the protection of his angels
• Ask your Savior to send his angels to comfort and protect you
Do the angels fight for you?
• There is no limit to how many angels God will deploy behind the scene to take care of people He loves
• You can look at your world, you can look at your life, and know your God loves and cares for you
There are references to angels in 34 of the 66 books in the Bible
(Some facts and Bible references):
• Jesus taught that angels exist (Matthew 16:27; 18:10; 22:30; 24:31; 26:53)
• God created angels (Psalms 148:2,5; Colossians1:16)
• Angels have intellect (Matthew 28:5; 1Peter 1:12)
• Angels have emotions (Job 38:7; Luke 2:13; 15:10)
• Angels are spirit beings but can only be in one place at a time (Hebrews 1:14; Daniel 9:21-23)
• Angels can appear in the form of people (Genesis18:1-8,22; 19:1; 2 Kings 6:15-17; Matthew 1:20)
• Angels have special jobs: They worship and praise God; They served Jesus; They carry out God’s commands; They protect us; They are a vehicle in which God answers prayer; When people die, the angels will be there to help them (Bible references — refer to book “Angels” published by Time of Grace Ministries)